Atomino game data
About Commodore 64 Atomino
In “Atomino,” players arrange atoms with one to four free connections to create stable molecules. Atoms fall into a 6-atom capacity shaft, with the latest atom always at the bottom. Players can place a total of 56 atoms (7×8) on the game area. Connected atoms form molecules, and complete molecules with no free connections are removed from the game area. The game ends if the shaft overfills with atoms.
There are two game modes:
- Mode A – Task Solving:
- The computer assigns tasks (levels). Points are awarded only for molecules matching the task criteria, which include: a. Building a set number of molecules with a minimum number of atoms. b. Creating a molecule that matches a specified pattern. c. Removing pre-placed, unmovable atoms on the game area.
- Mode B – Point Collection:
- The goal is to score as many points as possible. Points are earned for each placed atom and completed molecule, with no specific requirements for the molecule’s structure. This mode is a race against time.
Both modes feature an “Extra round,” triggered by a molecule with a minimum number of atoms shown next to “EXTR.” In this round, the game area fills with atoms, and players rearrange them to form a large, complete molecule without a time limit. New atoms fall into the shaft once a molecule is formed, so players must avoid creating small molecules.
- The graphics are visually appealing with well-chosen colors, clear displays, and easy-to-read menus. The game offers an options menu for sound and graphics settings at each start. The controls are intuitive, and the high score list is saved.
- Use the joystick to move the cursor, fire to confirm choices or place atoms.
- SPACE: Change connection orientation.
- P: Pause.
- RUN/STOP: Return to start screen.
- H: Help (animated short explanations, accessible from the title screen).
- In Mode A, points are calculated as the number of atoms squared for each task-compliant molecule, multiplied by the count of “fixed atoms” if applicable, plus bonus points for completed levels.
- In Mode B, players earn 10 points per placed atom and the squared number of atoms for each complete molecule.
- In the Extra round, a complete solution in one molecule scores 2×56^2 = 6272 points.
- The current score is displayed at the top left of the game area. Below, the status field shows:
- SIZE: Minimum number of atoms for a molecule (Mode A only).
- LEFT: Number of molecules remaining to complete the level (Mode A only).
- SET: Number of atoms placed on the game area.
- EXTR: Minimum atom count for a molecule to enter the extra round.
- Form large molecules early to score high and enter the extra round. Place blue “ones” at the border and connect with red “twos.” In later stages, center yellow “fours” and store threes and fours to clear space with ones and twos, especially after a prematurely ended bonus round.
In order to play Atomino online, click on the start button located below the Commodore 64 emulator window.
This file type doesn't support auto Joystick port detection. Please choose 'Joystick Swap Ports' if needed.
Atomino C64 keyboard mapping
When you start a game, each joystick port is automatically turned on. Sometimes this causes a problem as the joystick port is mapped to the keys below. If a game uses these keys, you need to turn off the joystick ports.C64 emulator joystick - keyboard mappings
|LEFT / RIGHT CTRL
|LEFT / RIGHT SHIFT